Synonyms of sanctioned
- 1. approve, O.K., okay, sanction, authorize, authorise, pass, clear
- usage: give sanction to; "I approve of his educational policies"
- 2. sanction, empower, authorise, authorize
- usage: give authority or permission to
- 3. sanction, approve, O.K., okay, sanction
- usage: give religious sanction to, such as through on oath; "sanctify the marriage"
- 1. canonic, canonical, sanctioned, orthodox (vs. unorthodox)
- usage: conforming to orthodox or recognized rules; "the drinking of cocktails was as canonical a rite as the mixing"- Sinclair Lewis
- 2. ratified, sanctioned, legal (vs. illegal)
- usage: formally approved and invested with legal authority
- 3. approved, sanctioned, authorized (vs. unauthorized), authorised
- usage: established by authority; given authoritative approval; "a list of approved candidates"
All rights reserved.