- 1. sand, soil, dirt
- usage: a loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral
- 2. Sand, George Sand, Amandine Aurore Lucie Dupin, Baroness Dudevant
- usage: French writer known for works concerning women's rights and independence (1804-1876)
- 3. backbone, grit, guts, moxie, sand, gumption, fortitude
- usage: fortitude and determination; "he didn't have the guts to try it"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sandpaper, sand, smooth, smoothen
- usage: rub with sandpaper; "sandpaper the wooden surface"
All rights reserved.
See also: sand (Dictionary)