- 1. sapphire, transparent gem, corundom, corundum
- usage: a precious transparent stone of rich blue corundum valued as a gemstone
- 2. sapphire, jewel, gem, precious stone
- usage: a transparent piece of sapphire that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem
- 3. azure, cerulean, sapphire, lazuline, sky-blue, blue, blueness
- usage: a light shade of blue
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sapphire, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of something having the color of a blue sapphire; "sapphire eyes"
All rights reserved.
See also: sapphire (Dictionary)