- 1. sashay, country-dance, country dancing, contredanse, contra danse, contradance
- usage: a square dance figure; partners circle each other taking sideways steps
- 2. chasse, sashay, dance step, step
- usage: (ballet) quick gliding steps with one foot always leading
- 3. excursion, jaunt, outing, junket, pleasure trip, expedition, sashay, journey, journeying
- usage: a journey taken for pleasure; "many summer excursions to the shore"; "it was merely a pleasure trip"; "after cautious sashays into the field"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sidle, sashay, move
- usage: move sideways
- 2. tittup, swagger, ruffle, prance, strut, sashay, cock, walk
- usage: to walk with a lofty proud gait, often in an attempt to impress others; "He struts around like a rooster in a hen house"
- 3. chasse, sashay, dance
- usage: perform a chasse step, in ballet
All rights reserved.
See also: sashay (Dictionary)