Synonyms of savage
- 1. savage, barbarian, primitive, primitive person
- usage: a member of an uncivilized people
- 2. beast, wolf, savage, brute, wildcat, attacker, aggressor, assailant, assaulter
- usage: a cruelly rapacious person
- 1. savage, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: attack brutally and fiercely
- 2. savage, blast, pillory, crucify, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: criticize harshly or violently; "The press savaged the new President"; "The critics crucified the author for plagiarizing a famous passage"
- 1. barbarous, brutal, cruel, fell, roughshod, savage, vicious, inhumane (vs. humane)
- usage: (of persons or their actions) able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering; "a barbarous crime"; "brutal beatings"; "cruel tortures"; "Stalin's roughshod treatment of the kulaks"; "a savage slap"; "vicious kicks"
- 2. feral, ferine, savage, wild (vs. tame), untamed
- usage: wild and menacing; "a pack of feral dogs"
- 3. barbarian, barbaric, savage, uncivilized, uncivilised, wild, noncivilized (vs. civilized), noncivilised
- usage: without civilizing influences; "barbarian invaders"; "barbaric practices"; "a savage people"; "fighting is crude and uncivilized especially if the weapons are efficient"-Margaret Meade; "wild tribes"
- 4. ferocious, fierce, furious, savage, violent (vs. nonviolent)
- usage: marked by extreme and violent energy; "a ferocious beating"; "fierce fighting"; "a furious battle"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of savage (Dictionary)