- 1. panic, scare, anxiety, anxiousness
- usage: sudden mass fear and anxiety over anticipated events; "panic in the stock market"; "a war scare"; "a bomb scare led them to evacuate the building"
- 2. scare, panic attack, fear, fearfulness, fright
- usage: a sudden attack of fear
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. frighten, fright, scare, affright, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: cause fear in; "The stranger who hangs around the building frightens me"; "Ghosts could never affright her"
- 2. daunt, dash, scare off, pall, frighten off, scare away, frighten away, scare, intimidate, restrain
- usage: cause to lose courage; "dashed by the refusal"
All rights reserved.
See also: scare (Dictionary)