Synonyms of scattered
- 1. disperse, dissipate, dispel, break up, scatter, separate, divide
- usage: to cause to separate and go in different directions; "She waved her hand and scattered the crowds"
- 2. disperse, dissipate, scatter, spread out, separate, part, split
- usage: move away from each other; "The crowds dispersed"; "The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached";
- 3. scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse, discharge
- usage: distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
- 4. scatter, sow, seed
- usage: sow by scattering; "scatter seeds"
- 5. break up, disperse, scatter, change integrity
- usage: cause to separate; "break up kidney stones"; "disperse particles"
- 6. spread, scatter, spread out, circulate, pass around, pass on, distribute
- usage: strew or distribute over an area; "He spread fertilizer over the lawn"; "scatter cards across the table"
- 1. scattered, distributed (vs. concentrated)
- usage: occurring or distributed over widely spaced and irregular intervals in time or space; "scattered showers"; "scattered villages"
- 2. confused, disconnected, disjointed, disordered, garbled, illogical, scattered, unconnected, incoherent (vs. coherent)
- usage: lacking orderly continuity; "a confused set of instructions"; "a confused dream about the end of the world"; "disconnected fragments of a story"; "scattered thoughts"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scattered (Dictionary)