- 1. scheme, intrigue, connive, plot
- usage: form intrigues (for) in an underhand manner
- 2. scheme, plan
- usage: devise a system or form a scheme for
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. calculating, calculative, conniving, scheming, shrewd, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: used of persons; "the most calculating and selfish men in the community"
- 2. designing, scheming, artful (vs. artless)
- usage: concealing crafty designs for advancing your own interest; "a selfish and designing nation obsessed with the dark schemes of European intrigue"- W.Churchill; "a scheming wife"; "a scheming gold digger"
All rights reserved.
See also: scheming (Dictionary)