WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scintillate, emit, give out, give off
- usage: give off; "the substance scintillated sparks and flashes"
- 2. sparkle, scintillate, coruscate, reflect, shine
- usage: reflect brightly; "Unquarried marble sparkled on the hillside"
- 3. twinkle, winkle, scintillate, shine, beam
- usage: emit or reflect light in a flickering manner; "Does a constellation twinkle more brightly than a single star?"
- 4. scintillate, fluoresce
- usage: physics: fluoresce momentarily when struck by a charged particle or high-energy photon; "the phosphor fluoresced"
- 5. sparkle, scintillate, coruscate, be
- usage: be lively or brilliant or exhibit virtuosity; "The musical performance sparkled"; "A scintillating conversation"; "his playing coruscated throughout the concert hall"
All rights reserved.
See also: scintillate (Dictionary)