- 1. jeer, jeering, mockery, scoff, scoffing, derision
- usage: showing your contempt by derision
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jeer, scoff, flout, barrack, gibe, tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride
- usage: laugh at with contempt and derision; "The crowd jeered at the speaker"
- 2. scoff, flout, dismiss, disregard, brush aside, brush off, discount, push aside, ignore
- usage: treat with contemptuous disregard; "flout the rules"
All rights reserved.
See also: scoff (Dictionary)