- 1. scoop, scoopful, containerful
- usage: the quantity a scoop will hold
- 2. scoop, pocket, concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
- usage: a hollow concave shape made by removing something
- 3. exclusive, scoop, report, news report, story, account, write up
- usage: a news report that is reported first by one news organization; "he got a scoop on the bribery of city officials"
- 4. soap, scoop, max, liquid ecstasy, grievous bodily harm, goop, Georgia home boy, easy lay, gamma hydroxybutyrate, GHB
- usage: street names for gamma hydroxybutyrate
- 5. scoop, scoop shovel, shovel
- usage: the shovel or bucket of a dredge or backhoe
- 6. scoop, ladle
- usage: a large ladle; "he used a scoop to serve the ice cream"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scoop, scoop out, lift out, scoop up, take up, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: take out or up with or as if with a scoop; "scoop the sugar out of the container"
- 2. outdo, outflank, trump, best, scoop, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: get the better of; "the goal was to best the competition"
All rights reserved.
See also: scoop (Dictionary)