Synonyms of scorch
- 1. scorch, singe, burn
- usage: a surface burn
- 2. scorch, plant disease
- usage: a plant disease that produces a browning or scorched appearance of plant tissues
- 3. scorch, stain, discoloration, discolouration
- usage: a discoloration caused by heat
- 1. sear, scorch, heat, heat up
- usage: make very hot and dry; "The heat scorched the countryside"
- 2. scorch, sear, singe, burn, combust
- usage: become superficially burned; "my eyebrows singed when I bent over the flames"
- 3. scorch, burn, fire, burn down
- usage: destroy completely by or as if by fire; "The wildfire scorched the forest and several homes"; "the invaders scorched the land"
- 4. char, blacken, sear, scorch, burn
- usage: burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color; "The cook blackened the chicken breast"; "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece"; "the flames scorched the ceiling"
- 5. scorch, dry, dry out
- usage: become scorched or singed under intense heat or dry conditions; "The exposed tree scorched in the hot sun"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scorch (Dictionary)