- 1. screech, screeching, shriek, shrieking, scream, screaming, noise
- usage: a high-pitched noise resembling a human cry; "he ducked at the screechings of shells"; "he heard the scream of the brakes"
- 2. scream, screaming, shriek, shrieking, screech, screeching, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: sharp piercing cry; "her screaming attracted the neighbors"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. whine, squeak, screech, creak, screak, skreak, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a high-pitched, screeching noise; "The door creaked when I opened it slowly"; "My car engine makes a whining noise"
- 2. squawk, screak, skreak, skreigh, screech, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: utter a harsh abrupt scream
All rights reserved.
See also: screech (Dictionary)