Synonyms of screw up
- 1. screwup, mismanagement, misdirection
- usage: the complete mismanagement or mishandling of a situation; "a typical bureaucratic screwup"
- 1. heat up, hot up, screw up, intensify, compound, heighten, deepen
- usage: make more intense; "Emotions were screwed up"
- 2. botch, bodge, bumble, fumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fuck up, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
- 3. screw up, screw
- usage: screw or turn higher
- 4. screw up, grimace, make a face, pull a face
- usage: twist into a strained configuration; "screw up one's face"
All rights reserved.