Synonyms of scrub
- 1. scrub, chaparral, bush, vegetation, flora, botany
- usage: dense vegetation consisting of stunted trees or bushes
- 2. scrub, scrubbing, scouring, cleaning, cleansing, cleanup
- usage: the act of cleaning a surface by rubbing it with a brush and soap and water
- 1. scrub, scour, rub
- usage: clean with hard rubbing; "She scrubbed his back"
- 2. scrub, scrub up, wash, lave
- usage: wash thoroughly; "surgeons must scrub prior to an operation"
- 3. cancel, call off, scratch, scrub
- usage: postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled; "Call off the engagement"; "cancel the dinner party"; "we had to scrub our vacation plans"; "scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
- 1. scrub, unimproved (vs. improved)
- usage: (of domestic animals) not selectively bred
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scrub (Dictionary)