Synonyms of scruple
- 1. scruple, apothecaries' unit, apothecaries' weight
- usage: a unit of apothecary weight equal to 20 grains
- 2. scruple, qualm, misgiving, anxiety
- usage: uneasiness about the fitness of an action
- 3. scruple, principle
- usage: an ethical or moral principle that inhibits action
- 1. scruple, hesitate, pause
- usage: hesitate on moral grounds; "The man scrupled to perjure himself"
- 2. scruple, fuss, niggle, fret
- usage: raise scruples; "He lied and did not even scruple about it"
- 3. scruple, wonder, question
- usage: have doubts about
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scruple (Dictionary)