Synonyms of seaward
- 1. seaward, direction
- usage: the direction toward the sea
- 1. offshore (vs. inshore), seaward
- usage: (of winds) coming from the land; "offshore winds"
- 2. inshore (vs. offshore), onshore, seaward, shoreward
- usage: (of winds) coming from the sea toward the land; "an inshore breeze"; "an onshore gale"; "sheltered from seaward winds"
- 3. seaward, coastal (vs. inland)
- usage: directed or situated away from inland regions and toward the sea or coast; "from the hill he took a seaward course"; "on the seaward side of the road"
- 1. seaward, seawards, asea
- usage: in the direction of the sea; "the sailor looked seaward"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of seaward (Dictionary)