Synonyms of seedy
- 1. seedy (vs. seedless), black-seeded, multi-seeded, several-seeded, seeded, seeded, single-seeded, one-seeded, one-seed, small-seeded, three-seeded, white-seeded
- usage: full of seeds; "as seedy as a fig"
- 2. scruffy, seedy, worn (vs. new)
- usage: shabby and untidy; "a surge of ragged scruffy children"; "he was soiled and seedy and fragrant with gin"- Mark Twain
- 3. ailing, indisposed, peaked(predicate), poorly(predicate), sickly, unwell, under the weather, seedy, ill (vs. well), sick
- usage: somewhat ill or prone to illness; "my poor ailing grandmother"; "feeling a bit indisposed today"; "you look a little peaked"; "feeling poorly"; "a sickly child"; "is unwell and can't come to work"
- 4. seamy, seedy, sleazy, sordid, squalid, disreputable (vs. reputable)
- usage: morally degraded; "a seedy district"; "the seamy side of life"; "sleazy characters hanging around casinos"; "sleazy storefronts with...dirt on the walls"- Seattle Weekly; "the sordid details of his orgies stank under his very nostrils"- James Joyce; "the squalid atmosphere of intrigue and betrayal"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of seedy (Dictionary)