WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hum, buzz, seethe, be
- usage: be noisy with activity; "This office is buzzing with activity"
- 2. seethe, boil, be
- usage: be in an agitated emotional state; "The customer was seething with anger"
- 3. seethe, foam, froth, fizz, effervesce, sparkle, form bubbles
- usage: foam as if boiling; "a seething liquid"
- 4. seethe, roll, churn, boil, moil, roil
- usage: boil vigorously; "The liquid was seething"; "The water rolled"
All rights reserved.
See also: seethe (Dictionary)