- 1. choose, take, select, pick out, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives; "Take any one of these cards"; "Choose a good husband for your daughter"; "She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. choice, prime(prenominal), prize, quality, select, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: of superior grade; "choice wines"; "prime beef"; "prize carnations"; "quality paper"; "select peaches"
- 2. blue-ribbon(prenominal), select, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: selected or chosen for special qualifications; "the blue-ribbon event of the season"
All rights reserved.
See also: select (Dictionary)