Synonyms of sensible
- 1. reasonable (vs. unreasonable), sensible, commonsense, commonsensible, commonsensical, healthy, intelligent, levelheaded, level-headed, sound, tenable, well-founded, fair#1, just, logical, rational, valid
- usage: showing reason or sound judgment; "a sensible choice"; "a sensible person"
- 2. sensible (vs. insensible), sensitive, aware#1, cognizant#1, cognisant, conscious, sensitive
- usage: able to feel or perceive; "even amoeba are sensible creatures"; "the more sensible parts of the skin"
- 3. sensible, perceptible (vs. imperceptible)
- usage: readily perceived by the senses; "the sensible universe"; "a sensible odor"
- 4. sensible, aware(predicate) (vs. unaware), cognizant, cognisant
- usage: aware intuitively or intellectually of something sensed; "made sensible of his mistakes"; "I am sensible that the mention of such a circumstance may appear trifling"- Henry Hallam; "sensible that a good deal more is still to be done"- Edmund Burke
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sensible (Dictionary)