Synonyms of separative
- 1. separative, disjunctive (vs. conjunctive)
- usage: (used of an accent in Hebrew orthography) indicating that the word marked is separated to a greater or lesser degree rhythmically and grammatically from the word that follows it
- 2. partitive, separative, disjunctive (vs. conjunctive)
- usage: serving to separate or divide into parts; "partitive tendencies in education"; "the uniting influence was stronger than the separative"
- 3. separative, distributive (vs. collective)
- usage: (of a word) referring singly and without exception to the members of a group; "whereas `each,' `every,' `either,' `neither,' and `none' are distributive or referring to a single member of a group, `which' in `which of the men' is separative"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of separative (Dictionary)