Synonyms of sequestered
- 1. sequester, take
- usage: requisition forcibly, as of enemy property; "the estate was sequestered"
- 2. impound, attach, sequester, confiscate, seize, take
- usage: take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority; "The FBI seized the drugs"; "The customs agents impounded the illegal shipment"; "The police confiscated the stolen artwork"
- 3. sequester, change
- usage: undergo sequestration by forming a stable compound with an ion; "The cations were sequestered"
- 4. seclude, sequester, sequestrate, withdraw, isolate, insulate
- usage: keep away from others; "He sequestered himself in his study to write a book"
- 5. sequester, sequestrate, keep apart, set apart, isolate, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: set apart from others; "The dentist sequesters the tooth he is working on"
- 1. cloistered, reclusive, secluded, sequestered, private (vs. public)
- usage: providing privacy or seclusion; "the cloistered academic world of books"; "sat close together in the sequestered pergola"; "sitting under the reclusive calm of a shade tree"; "a secluded romantic spot"
- 2. sequestered, segregated (vs. integrated), unintegrated
- usage: kept separate and secluded; "a sequestered jury"
All rights reserved.