Synonyms of service
- 1. service, work
- usage: work done by one person or group that benefits another; "budget separately for goods and services"
- 2. service, aid, assist, assistance, help
- usage: an act of help or assistance; "he did them a service"
- 3. service, religious service, divine service, religious ceremony, religious ritual
- usage: the act of public worship following prescribed rules; "the Sunday service"
- 4. service, company
- usage: a company or agency that performs a public service; subject to government regulation
- 5. service, employment, work
- usage: employment in or work for another; "he retired after 30 years of service"
- 6. military service, armed service, service, force, personnel
- usage: a force that is a branch of the armed forces
- 7. Service, Robert William Service
- usage: Canadian writer (born in England) who wrote about life in the Yukon Territory (1874-1958)
- 8. avail, help, service, helpfulness
- usage: a means of serving; "of no avail"; "there's no help for it"
- 9. service, table service, tableware
- usage: tableware consisting of a complete set of articles (silver or dishware) for use at table
- 10. servicing, service, coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual union
- usage: the act of mating by male animals; "the bull was worth good money in servicing fees"
- 11. service, activity
- usage: (law) the acts performed by an English feudal tenant for the benefit of his lord which formed the consideration for the property granted to him
- 12. serve, service, tennis stroke, tennis shot
- usage: (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play; "his powerful serves won the game"
- 13. service, serving, service of process, delivery, bringing
- usage: the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone; "he accepted service of the subpoena"
- 14. overhaul, inspection and repair, service, care, maintenance, upkeep
- usage: periodic maintenance on a car or machine; "it was time for an overhaul on the tractor"
- 15. service, accommodation
- usage: the performance of duties by a waiter or servant; "that restaurant has excellent service"
- 1. service, serve, function, work, operate, go, run
- usage: be used by; as of a utility; "The sewage plant served the neighboring communities"; "The garage served to shelter his horses"
- 2. service, tune, tune up
- usage: make fit for use; "service my truck"; "the washing machine needs to be serviced"
- 3. serve, service, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: mate with; "male animals serve the females for breeding purposes"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of service (Dictionary)