Synonyms of set apart
- 1. assign, specify, set apart, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: select something or someone for a specific purpose; "The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
- 2. sequester, sequestrate, keep apart, set apart, isolate, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: set apart from others; "The dentist sequesters the tooth he is working on"
- 1. detached, isolated, separated, set-apart, separate (vs. joint)
- usage: being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
All rights reserved.