Synonyms of settle down
- 1. settle, settle down, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground; "dust settled on the roofs"
- 2. settle, root, take root, steady down, settle down, stabilize, stabilise
- usage: become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style; "He finally settled down"
- 3. calm, calm down, cool off, chill out, simmer down, settle down, cool it, change state, turn
- usage: become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation; "After the fight both men need to cool off."; "It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again."
All rights reserved.