- 1. shed, outbuilding
- usage: an outbuilding with a single story; used for shelter or storage
- 1. shed, cast, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away, drop, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: get rid of; "he shed his image as a pushy boss"; "shed your clothes"
- 2. spill, shed, pour forth, pour
- usage: pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities; "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
- 3. spill, shed, disgorge, move, displace
- usage: cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over; "spill the beans all over the table"
- 4. shed, molt, exuviate, moult, slough, shed, cast, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away, drop
- usage: cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers; "our dog sheds every Spring"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. caducous (vs. persistent), shed, deciduous
- usage: shed at an early stage of development; "most amphibians have caducous gills"; "the caducous calyx of a poppy"
All rights reserved.
See also: shed (Dictionary)