- 1. shelter, structure, construction
- usage: a structure that provides privacy and protection from danger
- 2. shelter, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: protective covering that provides protection from the weather
- 3. protection, shelter, security
- usage: the condition of being protected; "they were huddled together for protection"; "he enjoyed a sense of peace and protection in his new home"
- 4. tax shelter, shelter, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: a way of organizing business to reduce the taxes it must pay on current earnings
- 5. shelter, housing, lodging, living accommodations
- usage: temporary housing for homeless or displaced persons
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shelter, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide shelter for; "After the earthquake, the government could not provide shelter for the thousands of homeless people"
- 2. shelter, invest, put, commit, place
- usage: invest (money) so that it is not taxable
All rights reserved.
See also: shelter (Dictionary)