Synonyms of shield
- 1. shield, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective covering or structure
- 2. shield, buckler, armor, armour
- usage: armor carried on the arm to intercept blows
- 3. carapace, shell, cuticle, shield, scute
- usage: hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
- 1. shield, screen, protect
- usage: protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
- 2. harbor, harbour, shield, hide, conceal
- usage: hold back a thought or feeling about; "She is harboring a grudge against him"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of shield (Dictionary)