Synonyms of shimmy
- 1. shimmy, wobble
- usage: an abnormal wobble in a motor vehicle (especially in the front wheels); "he could feel the shimmy in the steering wheel"
- 2. chemise, shimmy, shift, slip, teddy, undergarment, unmentionable
- usage: a woman's sleeveless undergarment
- 3. shimmy, social dancing
- usage: lively dancing (usually to ragtime music) with much shaking of the shoulders and hips
- 1. shimmy, wobble, vibrate
- usage: tremble or shake; "His voice wobbled with restrained emotion"
- 2. shimmy, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance a shimmy
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of shimmy (Dictionary)