- 1. shipwreck, ship
- usage: a wrecked ship (or a part of one)
- 2. shipwreck, ruin, ruination
- usage: an irretrievable loss; "that was the shipwreck of their romance"
- 3. shipwreck, wreck, accident
- usage: an accident that destroys a ship at sea
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shipwreck, ruin
- usage: ruin utterly; "You have shipwrecked my career"
- 2. shipwreck, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: suffer failure, as in some enterprise
- 3. shipwreck, subject
- usage: cause to experience shipwreck; "They were shipwrecked in one of the mysteries at sea"
- 4. shipwreck, destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy a ship; "The vessel was shipwrecked"
All rights reserved.
See also: shipwreck (Dictionary)