Synonyms of shivering
- 1. chill, shivering, symptom
- usage: a sensation of cold that often marks the start of an infection and the development of a fever
- 1. shudder, shiver, throb, thrill, tremble
- usage: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
- 2. shiver, shudder, move involuntarily, move reflexively
- usage: shake, as from cold; "The children are shivering--turn on the heat!"
- 1. shaky, shivering, trembling, unsteady (vs. steady)
- usage: vibrating slightly and irregularly; as e.g. with fear or cold or like the leaves of an aspen in a breeze; "a quaking bog"; "the quaking child asked for more"; "quivering leaves of a poplar tree"; "with shaking knees"; "seemed shaky on her feet"; "sparkling light from the shivering crystals of the chandelier"; "trembling hands"
All rights reserved.