Synonyms of shoe
- 1. shoe, footwear, footgear
- usage: footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material
- 2. shoe, case
- usage: (card games) a case from which playing cards are dealt one at a time
- 3. horseshoe, shoe, plate, scale, shell
- usage: U-shaped plate nailed to underside of horse's hoof
- 4. brake shoe, shoe, skid, restraint, constraint
- usage: a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- 1. shoe, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: furnish with shoes; "the children were well shoed"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of shoe (Dictionary)