WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shortly
- usage: for a short time; "he was at the airport shortly before she was expected to arrive"
- 2. soon, shortly, presently, before long
- usage: in the near future; "the doctor will soon be here"; "the book will appear shortly"; "she will arrive presently"; "we should have news before long"
- 3. curtly, short, shortly
- usage: in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner; "he told me curtly to get on with it"; "he talked short with everyone"; "he said shortly that he didn't like it"
- 4. concisely, briefly, shortly, in brief, in short
- usage: in a concise manner; in a few words; "the history is summed up concisely in this book"; "she replied briefly"; "briefly, we have a problem"; "to put it shortly"
- 5. shortly
- usage: at a short distance; "the hem fell shortly below her knees"
All rights reserved.
See also: shortly (Dictionary)