- 1. scream, screaming, shriek, shrieking, screech, screeching, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: sharp piercing cry; "her screaming attracted the neighbors"
- 2. screech, screeching, shriek, shrieking, scream, screaming, noise
- usage: a high-pitched noise resembling a human cry; "he ducked at the screechings of shells"; "he heard the scream of the brakes"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shriek, shrill, pipe up, pipe, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: utter a shrill cry
All rights reserved.
See also: shriek (Dictionary)