- 1. shriek, shrill, pipe up, pipe, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: utter a shrill cry
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shrill, sharp, high (vs. low), high-pitched
- usage: having or emitting a high-pitched and sharp tone or tones ; "a shrill whistle"; "a shrill gaiety"
- 2. strident, shrill, imperative (vs. beseeching)
- usage: being sharply insistent on being heard; "strident demands"; "shrill criticism"
- 3. shrill, colorful (vs. colorless), colourful
- usage: of colors that are bright and gaudy; "a shrill turquoise"
All rights reserved.
See also: shrill (Dictionary)