Synonyms of shrink
- 1. psychiatrist, head-shrinker, shrink, specialist, medical specialist
- usage: a physician who specializes in psychiatry
- 1. shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: wither, as with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled"
- 2. flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, shrink, wince, recoil, quail, move
- usage: draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf"
- 3. shrink, reduce, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: reduce in size; reduce physically; "Hot water will shrink the sweater"; "Can you shrink this image?"
- 4. shrink, contract, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: become smaller or draw together; "The fabric shrank"; "The balloon shrank"
- 5. shrink, shrivel, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: decrease in size, range, or extent; "His earnings shrank"; "My courage shrivelled when I saw the task before me"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of shrink (Dictionary)