- 1. frisson, shiver, chill, quiver, shudder, thrill, tingle, fear, fearfulness, fright
- usage: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright; "a frisson of surprise shot through him"
- 2. tremor, shudder, vibration, quiver, quivering
- usage: an involuntary vibration (as if from illness or fear)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shiver, shudder, move involuntarily, move reflexively
- usage: shake, as from cold; "The children are shivering--turn on the heat!"
- 2. shudder, shiver, throb, thrill, tremble
- usage: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
All rights reserved.
See also: shudder (Dictionary)