Synonyms of sieve
- 1. sieve, screen, strainer
- usage: a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles
- 1. screen, screen out, sieve, sort, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: examine in order to test suitability; "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
- 2. sieve, sift, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: check and sort carefully; "sift the information"
- 3. sift, sieve, strain, separate
- usage: separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements; "sift the flour"
- 4. sieve, sift, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: distinguish and separate out; "sift through the job candidates"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sieve (Dictionary)