WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. significant (vs. insignificant), important, momentous, epochal, epoch-making, earthshaking, world-shaking, world-shattering, evidential, evidentiary, fundamental, profound, large, monumental, noteworthy, remarkable, probative, probatory, operative, portentous, prodigious, important#1, of import, meaningful
- usage: important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant details"; "statistically significant"
- 2. significant, substantial, considerable (vs. inconsiderable)
- usage: fairly large; "won by a substantial margin"
- 3. significant (vs. nonsignificant)
- usage: too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a systematic relation; "the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level"; "no significant difference was found"
- 4. meaning(prenominal), pregnant, significant, meaningful (vs. meaningless)
- usage: rich in significance or implication; "a meaning look"
All rights reserved.
See also: significant (Dictionary)