WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. iniquitous, sinful, ungodly, wicked (vs. virtuous)
- usage: characterized by iniquity; wicked because it is believed to be a sin; "iniquitous deeds"; "he said it was sinful to wear lipstick"; "ungodly acts"
- 2. sinful, unholy, wicked, unrighteous (vs. righteous)
- usage: having committed unrighteous acts; "a sinful person"
- 3. extraordinary, over-the-top, sinful, immoderate (vs. moderate)
- usage: far more than usual or expected; "an extraordinary desire for approval"; "it was an over-the-top experience"
All rights reserved.
See also: sinful (Dictionary)