WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sing, sing, interpret, render
- usage: deliver by singing; "Sing Christmas carols"
- 2. sing, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: produce tones with the voice; "She was singing while she was cooking"; "My brother sings very well"
- 3. sing, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: to make melodious sounds; "The nightingale was singing"
- 4. whistle, sing, sound, go
- usage: make a whining, ringing, or whistling sound; "the kettle was singing"; "the bullet sang past his ear"
- 5. spill the beans, let the cat out of the bag, talk, tattle, blab, peach, babble, sing, babble out, blab out, unwrap, disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give away, let out
- usage: divulge confidential information or secrets; "Be careful--his secretary talks"
All rights reserved.
See also: sing (Dictionary)