Synonyms of single
- 1. single, bingle, base hit, safety
- usage: a base hit on which the batter stops safely at first base
- 2. one, 1, I, ace, single, unity, digit, figure
- usage: the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"; "they had lunch at one"
- 1. single, hit
- usage: hit a single; "the batter singled to left field"
- 1. individual (vs. common), single, idiosyncratic, individualist, individualistic, one-on-one, man-to-man, respective(prenominal), several(prenominal), various(prenominal), singular, separate
- usage: being or characteristic of a single thing or person; "individual drops of rain"; "please mark the individual pages"; "they went their individual ways"
- 2. single (vs. double)
- usage: used of flowers having usually only one row or whorl of petals; "single chrysanthemums resemble daisies and may have more than one row of petals"
- 3. single (vs. multiple), azygous, azygos, one-man(prenominal), one-person(prenominal), one-woman(prenominal), lone(prenominal), lonesome(prenominal), only(prenominal), sole(prenominal), solitary(prenominal), singular, unique, sui generis, unary, uninominal, one-member
- usage: existing alone or consisting of one entity or part or aspect or individual; "upon the hill stood a single tower"; "had but a single thought which was to escape"; "a single survivor"; "a single serving"; "a single lens"; "a single thickness"
- 4. unmarried (vs. married), single, divorced, mateless, unwed, unwedded, widowed, unmated
- usage: not married or related to the unmarried state; "unmarried men and women"; "unmarried life"; "sex and the single girl"; "single parenthood"; "are you married or single?"
- 5. individual, single(prenominal), unshared (vs. shared)
- usage: characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing; "an individual serving"; "single occupancy"; "a single bed"
- 6. single(prenominal), uniform (vs. multiform), unvarying
- usage: having uniform application; "a single legal code for all"
- 7. single(prenominal), undivided, exclusive, concentrated (vs. distributed)
- usage: not divided among or brought to bear on more than one object or objective; "judging a contest with a single eye"; "a single devotion to duty"; "undivided affection"; "gained their exclusive attention"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of single (Dictionary)