- 1. singsong, intonation, modulation, pitch contour
- usage: a regular and monotonous rising and falling intonation
- 2. singalong, singsong, singing, vocalizing
- usage: informal group singing of popular songs
- 1. singsong, chant, intone, intonate, cantillate
- usage: speak, chant, or declaim in a singsong
- 2. singsong, move, displace
- usage: move as if accompanied by a singsong; "The porters singsonged the travellers' luggage up the mountain"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chantlike, intoned, singsong, rhythmical (vs. unrhythmical), rhythmic
- usage: uttered in a monotonous cadence or rhythm as in chanting; "their chantlike intoned prayers"; "a singsong manner of speaking"
All rights reserved.
See also: singsong (Dictionary)