Synonyms of sinning
- 1. sin, sinning, transgression, evildoing
- usage: an act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God's will
- 1. sin, transgress, trespass, transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
- usage: commit a sin; violate a law of God or a moral law
- 2. drop the ball, sin, blunder, boob, goof, transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
- usage: commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake; "I blundered during the job interview"
- 1. sinning, offending (vs. unoffending)
- usage: transgressing a moral or divine law; "if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most sinning soul alive"- Shakespeare
All rights reserved.