- 1. skirt, cloth covering
- usage: cloth covering that forms the part of a garment below the waist
- 2. skirt, garment
- usage: a garment hanging from the waist; worn mainly by girls and women
- 3. annulus, skirt, plant part, plant structure
- usage: (Fungi) a remnant of the partial veil that in mature mushrooms surrounds the stem like a collar
- 4. dame, doll, wench, skirt, chick, bird, girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille
- usage: informal terms for a (young) woman
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep, avoid
- usage: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
- 2. skirt, travel by, pass by, surpass, go past, go by, pass
- usage: pass around or about; move along the border; "The boat skirted the coast"
- 3. skirt, bound, border
- usage: form the edge of
- 4. surround, environ, ring, skirt, border, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
All rights reserved.
See also: skirt (Dictionary)