Synonyms of skirting
- 1. hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep, avoid
- usage: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
- 2. skirt, travel by, pass by, surpass, go past, go by, pass
- usage: pass around or about; move along the border; "The boat skirted the coast"
- 3. skirt, bound, border
- usage: form the edge of
- 4. surround, environ, ring, skirt, border, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
- 1. encircling(prenominal), skirting(prenominal), peripheral (vs. central)
- usage: being all around the edges; enclosing; "his encircling arms"; "the room's skirting board needs painting"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of skirting (Dictionary)