- 1. slang, slang expression, slang term, non-standard speech
- usage: informal language consisting of words and expressions that are not considered appropriate for formal occasions; often vituperative or vulgar; "their speech was full of slang expressions"
- 2. slang, cant, jargon, lingo, argot, patois, vernacular, non-standard speech
- usage: a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slang, speak, talk
- usage: use slang or vulgar language
- 2. gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across, deceive, betray, lead astray
- usage: fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
- 3. slang, abuse, clapperclaw, blackguard, shout
- usage: abuse with coarse language
All rights reserved.
See also: slang (Dictionary)