Synonyms of slaughter
- 1. slaughter, killing, kill, putting to death
- usage: the killing of animals (as for food)
- 2. thrashing, walloping, debacle, drubbing, slaughter, trouncing, whipping, defeat, licking
- usage: a sound defeat
- 3. slaughter, massacre, mass murder, carnage, butchery, murder, slaying, execution
- usage: the savage and excessive killing of many people
- 1. butcher, slaughter, kill
- usage: kill (animals) usually for food consumption; "They slaughtered their only goat to survive the winter"
- 2. massacre, slaughter, mow down, kill
- usage: kill a large number of people indiscriminately; "The Hutus massacred the Tutsis in Rwanda"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of slaughter (Dictionary)