WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sleazy, thin (vs. thick)
- usage: of cloth; thin and loosely woven; "the coat has a sleazy lining"
- 2. bum, cheap, cheesy, chintzy, crummy, punk, sleazy, tinny, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: of very poor quality; flimsy
- 3. seamy, seedy, sleazy, sordid, squalid, disreputable (vs. reputable)
- usage: morally degraded; "a seedy district"; "the seamy side of life"; "sleazy characters hanging around casinos"; "sleazy storefronts with...dirt on the walls"- Seattle Weekly; "the sordid details of his orgies stank under his very nostrils"- James Joyce; "the squalid atmosphere of intrigue and betrayal"
All rights reserved.
See also: sleazy (Dictionary)